DEFENDER Si is a concentrate of potassium and silica. The applications of DEFENDER Si improve photosynthesis in all type of crops. It enhances production by improving pollination and increasing pollen fertility.
DEFENDER Si is an ideal product to absorb extra humidity accumulating on crops, preventing growth of plant pathogenic microorganisms.
– Silicon is accumulated in epidermal tissues of both roots and shoots. The thickening of the epidemical silicon-cellulose layer supports mechanical stability of plants and increases plant resistance against biotic and abiotic stress.
– Application of Defender Si can increase the weight and volume of roots.
– Silicon acts as a protective agent and increases plant tolerance to biotic stress.
– Silicon increases plant tolerance to abiotic stresses like toxicity caused by Al, Mn, heavy metals, salinity, frost and drought.
– Silicon increases soil resistance to erosion.
– Reduces lixiviation of N, P and K in soils.
System and time of application
DEFENDER Si can be applied by foliar spraying. Potassium Silicate is very alkaline and it is recommended not to exceed the dose concentration suggested in order to prevent damage to plants.
Stability and storage
DEFENDER Si is stable for at least four years since manufacturing date. Store in the closed original container in a cool and ventilated area. DO NOT store for prolonged periods in direct sunlight. Keep away from food, drink and animal feed. Keep out of the reach of children.
DEFENDER Si is compatible with most pesticides, except those products affected by an alkaline reaction. We recommend testing compatibility before mixing. Add to mixing tank last.
Silica (SiO3) at 22.0% by mass*
Potassium (K) at 8.5% by mass*
Free L-amino acids at 2.5% by mass*
Dosing according to the crop
|Applicable to all kinds of crops
400 – 600 cc/100L
|All stations or when there is evidence of potassium deficiency.
Potassium Silicate is very alkaline and it is recommended not to exceed the dose concentration suggested in order to prevent damage to plants.